Wellshire Presbyterian Church in Denver has an active Sunday school curriculum for young children up through adults. Most of our Sunday school classes don’t require registration. You may attend Sunday school as often as you wish.
Many care, worship and education options are available. If you have specific questions about Wellshire Sunday school, contact Dr. Holly Inglis.
Babies, toddlers, pre-kindergarten and kindergarten
We offer a safe and fun learning environment for children on Sunday mornings.
For little ones, we offer loving care all Sunday morning in age-specific rooms:
- Babies and infants are sung to and rocked in a nurturing environment. Our nursery is for babies who are six weeks old through 12 months old.
- Toddlers share in Bible stories, supervised play and snack time.
- Pre-schoolers participate in age-appropriate Bible study curriculum, songs, and snack time.
- Pre-kindergarten and kindergarten kids participate in a Sunday school class and special worship experience called “Children and Worship.” Using a sensory style of storytelling, God is experienced through mystery, awe and wonder, and children learn how to worship in a meaningful way.
Our staff members are experts in early childhood care. Each of them has had a criminal background check, as well as first aid and CPR training. Our volunteers have completed background checks too. They’re supervised by our staff.
Feel free to bring your kids to the Children's Suite on the lower level anytime during worship hours. If you are new to Wellshire and want to learn more about our Sunday school check-in process, please read our visitor information.
Grades one through 12
Sunday school classes for grades one through 12 are offered between worship services. Sunday school classes are divided by:
- Grades one and two
- Grade three
- Grades four and five
- Middle school (grades six to eight)
- High school (grades nine to 12)
Classes are based on age-relevant curriculum. The younger grades use the “Spark curriculum” — a Bible-based curriculum built around Bible study.
Sunday school for grades four and five is not your everyday Sunday school! In the spirit of experiential learning, the children spend the entire year in the world of the 1st Century church. The room is transformed through dioramas, and each child adopts a character and plays a role. Every child lives, worships and experiences life as 1st Century Christian.
For middle school and high school youth, Sunday school is built around a media-based curriculum. The topics are real and relevant. Through the use of contemporary media, music and film clips, we bring age-appropriate themes, scripture, and situation ethics to life for discussion and learning.
Adult Sunday school
We offer an extensive array of classes for adults on Sundays, as well as other days of the week. Please learn about our adult Christian education classes in Denver, Colorado.