Become a Member
Jesus says, “Wherever your treasure is, your heart will be also.”
There is a spiritual connection when you make a commitment that supports, strengthens and enhances your relationship with the family of God. Becoming a member of Wellshire Presbyterian Church is about growing your faith, giving yourself a voice in our community, and taking a vested interest in our future.
Please take the first step to membership today.
We welcome people of diverse backgrounds
Our congregation consists of many people who were raised Presbyterian. But our community also includes members from Methodist, Lutheran, Episcopalian, United Church of Christ, Baptist, and even Catholic backgrounds, as well as people who have questions about matters of faith.
Ultimately, the members of Wellshire Presbyterian Church believe that Jesus Christ is their Lord and Savior. If you share this belief, we are here to guide you on your journey of faith.
The process for becoming a member
There are several ways you can become a member. You may:
- Transfer your membership from another Christian church (for example, you moved to Denver from another part of the country or you would like to change churches within Denver).
- Reaffirm your faith (for example, you were raised in a Christian church, but you have not been an active member for some time).
- Profess your faith for the first time.
In each of these scenarios, the first step is to contact Beth Hamstra, our membership coordinator. She will send you a Membership Packet with a few forms to complete, so we can get to know you better. (If you prefer, you may open and print our Membership Form directly from this website.)
If you are transferring your membership from another church, Beth will take care of contacting that church for you.
Steps to membership
- Attend a Visitor Orientation with the Wellshire pastors, offered the First Sunday of each month at 9:45 am in the Conference Room. The pastors will answer any questions you may have and help you become more familiar with Wellshire.
- Fill out the Membership Form and return it to Beth Hamstra.
- Meet with the Wellshire Session (the guiding members of our church) to officially join the church; this meeting occurs at 10:30 am on the Second Sunday of each month. You will be introduced at the service of your choice (8:35 or 11:00 am) that same Sunday morning.
Take the four-week course The Wellshire Experience, which is designed for new members and prospective members. Offered several times a year, it is intended for those who want to take a deeper look at what it means to be a disciple of Jesus Christ and to live out that discipleship at Wellshire.
What to do when you become a member
When you become a member, connect to an area of interest and ministry at Wellshire and discover what your passions are! If you wish to get involved with Wellshire Presbyterian Church outside of worship, we encourage you to explore our diverse programs, music or mission and volunteer work.
If you wish to get involved in leadership opportunities within the church, please contact the Rev. John Bell to share your interests. If you’d like to explore teaching any of our educational classes, please contact Holly Inglis.
Wellshire Presbyterian Church is a big church. To make the most of your experience, we encourage you to be proactive in finding your niche. If you have questions along the way or you’re unsure how to get involved, we’re here to help you. You are always welcome to contact us!